Butterstone Management & Events and the Perthshire Amber Festival recognise its responsibility for the environment and will ensure compliance with all relevant current and future legislation. Where appropriate, we will also endeavour to be compliant with appropriate codes of practice.
We are committed to minimising the environmental impact of our business and events and to operating, side by side with our venues and festival attendees, to achieve a commitment to:
- reduce the amount of waste produced and power used
- encourage green transportation
- use recyclable and renewable materials where possible
- minimise noise from the site on the occasion of outdoor events
- work with key suppliers to encourage them to develop environmental best practice
- work closely with environmental advisors and regulators to improve our overall environmental credentials and ensure the ongoing conservation of sensitive ecosystems for which we are responsible.
The partnership and festival will foster environmental awareness and understanding in all those we are involved with.
Where practicable we will provide information and assistance to team members, artists, volunteers and festival-goers on environmental issues and foster discussion of these.
Improvement will be continuous and the partnership and festival will report internally and externally on its progress against its goals and objectives.